Although laminate flooring can be durable and long-lasting, you should not neglect giving care to it. This type of flooring is lovely and resilient but in time may suffer from wear and tear, scratches, and other problems.
If you don’t want to turn your investment into a mess, you should know how to take care of your flooring and that’s what you’ll learn in today’s article.
Tips to a Long-Lasting and Ever Lovely Laminate Flooring
- Avoid dragging objects like furniture on its surface. Although this flooring can be resistant to scratches, they are not proofed to not be scratched at all. You should use a lift to move around furniture to avoid scratching the laminate flooring surface.
- Think of using furniture rubber casters. Alternatively, you can use soft pads, which can be used to avoid scratching the floor. They can protect your flooring from any damage and are useful especially when repositioning your couches and other furniture in your home or office.
- Keep constant humidity. One of the best ways to protect your laminate floor is to use a humidifier, especially if you’re located in a place, where there’s constant change on it. You should know that the constant contraction or expansion of your flooring may result to damage. You should use a humidifier from time to time to take care of your laminate flooring.
- Keep the floor dry. In some cases, you cannot avoid the floor from getting wet and soaked with spills or liquids especially during home or office parties. In these cases, you should clean the floor right away. The liquid may seep into the flooring and may damage it in the process so keep your flooring dry.
- Get rid of stains carefully. You should not risk the welfare of your flooring by applying harsh chemicals of it when it gets stained. You should go and ask your contractor or supplier on how to take care of stained laminated floors. This way you can avoid applying just about anything you find at home in cleaning your floor. Alternatively, you should use clean and soft piece of cloth when cleaning and removing the stains. Do not use hard materials to scrape off the stains. You should use a rubber spatula.
- Keep your flooring clean regularly. As you know, the build up of stains may cause damage and wear and tear in your floor so be sure that you clean it based from the instructions of the maker or installer. This way you can be sure that you’re doing the right thing in cleaning your flooring in Singapore.
There you have some tips you should bear in mind in taking care of your flooring. Be sure to apply them to clean and keep your floor long-lasting and lovely for a long time.
If you’re unsure of the method to use, be sure to ask your manufacturer on how to take care of your laminate flooring in the best possible ways.